Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ruby Rock-It Tutorial


Hello everyone, each time I make this card I am asked how I did it so today I'm here to share a little tutorial on how I did it.


I have used a {Fundamentals Flourish Embossed Card}, and scored it at 8cm on the front of the card and then folded along the score line fold.


Next I lay the {Spellbinder Labels} die face down on the front of the card, making sure that it is centered along the folded score line.  I secured mine in place with low tack tape.


Place the card on your base plate for your die cutting machine with the cutting side facing up.  Lay the cutting mat over the top up to the score line.  Feed it all through the die cutting machine.  


 By placing the cutting mat over the card and die in this way means that only the part of the die with the cutting mat over it will cut as it runs through the machine.


Next I cut another label using the die I used first to cut the shape out of the card and another smaller one in {Essence East Coast} papers.


I glued the large one on to the card matching up the die cut shape and then added the smaller one in the centre.


Next I used a circle die to cut out one of the quotes from the {Essence East Coast building cards}.


I then added this to the centre of the labels and then decorated with {Fundamentals White Accents} and some {Fundamentals White Ribbon}



And there it is, how I made this simple but effective card.  Try it out using different shapes as it gives quite different effects!  Have fun and thanks for stopping by,
Beckie

No comments: