Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Vellum Technique for Ruby Rock-It

Who doesn't love Pinterest?!  I can waste hours trawling through beautiful creations and get really inspired by what people create.
It was here I stumbled across a project which I thought would work with Ruby Rock-It Fundamentals vellum perfectly!


So for Technique Tuesday I thought I would share how I made mine using the inspiration on Pinterest and with these few items



Battery Operated Tealight
Old Jam Jar

First I took a sheet of  Ruby Rock-It Fundamental plain vellum and added it to my paper draw on my printer.  I have an inkjet printer and it worked just fine.  I printed out a picture 6 x 4" and had the paper settings to 'plain'.  As you can see from the picture below it looks a bit blurred but this is because the ink in still wet.  It didn't take long to dry out, but make sure it is before you touch it!!


Next I trimmed it to size and added thin tape along the edges before adding it to the jar


I then die cut lots of different flowers using the spellbinders die in different patterns of vellum


The Ruby Rock-It vellum's are really sturdy, meaning you can really play with them to make an item you have cut from it really 3D.  Once I had finished cutting, I added them around the photo on the jar.  I finished by embellishing the flowers with bling and added some wedding flowers.

This was really simple to make and a lot of fun too.  The jar comes alive when the lights get low and the candle flickers behind the picture.

Thanks for stopping by

Beckie Dreyer

No comments: