Pages

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Country Cookin Chalk Board


I simply love upcycling items into something useful and I would like to share a chalk board I made out of a picture frame.


I just love how rustic the Ruby Rock-It's Country Cookin range is, right up my street!

Products Used

To start with I covered the glass from the picture frame with some chalk adhesive paper which was given to me recently.  I decided to use the glass for a couple of reason one being that it acted as a good bases for when you were writing on the board.  The other is that if I had removed it the little tags at the back would have struggled to hold everything in place.


I covered both the frame and mat with the papers and then put trimmed the inside edge with some of the Country Cookin twine.


The kitchen themed stickers from the collection are superb and I decided to add one as the main feature on the top of the frame.  I cut a doily down to size to act as a background and header board.


The board can be written on with chalk or use a white pen if you require more permanent words.  The beauty with this being a picture frame is that is can stand freely of be hung on the wall.

So have you been inspired to uplift something today?  
Check out your local stockist for the Ruby Rock-It collections and for our Australian fans, Handi Scandi and Country Cookin will be available in Spotlight early December!

Thanks for stopping by


No comments: