Pages

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Sparkling Letters


Hello there, I hope you are in a crafty mood today as I'd like to share with you how I took some of Ruby Rock-it's Fundamental wood veneer letters ......


..... and changed them so they would coordinate with the papers.  
Natural is beautiful but some times we need a little sparkle hey!?


I inked a letter with some some clear ink, here I have used the Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad


Then I took some Calypso WOW! embossing glitter (which is lush btw!) and sprinkled it over the inked letter.


Using a pair of tweezers I gently removed the excess and then heat embossed the letter.  
You can add more embossing glitter at this point for a deeper layer.



When it came to the 'YOU', I wanted to use a different font and these new Ruby Rock-It Fundamental Stickers were perfect.  This little packs of joy a filled with different fonts, shapes and words!  If you love lettering you are so going to want to get some!


I used the larger font, as shown above.  I then sut some square 1.5 x 1.5cm's in pink paper and then used the tweezers to stick a letter in the center of the little squares.


When all the lettering was finished I made up the card. 
I decided to do some mix and matching with some of the Ruby Rock-It collections, this card uses the new wedding collection Rustic Charm and one of my favourites Heritage.  
I loved the way it turned out.


Products Used


Have you be inspired to mix it up and add some sparkle??
Why not give it a go!

Have a great day

No comments: